Friday, November 12, 2004

A voice

Lately, wait let me think through this. This past week, as I stated earlier, I have been in a little bit of a funk. But...throught this "funk" I have heard God more clearly. I can say that I would know why this is, I didn't talk to as many people and thus were distracted by people's opinions, or I cried out more to God this week than most because of my state, or who knows why. I don't really know why, but yet, there it was. And although I heard his voice very clearly I did not hear the words or maybe I did. Let me explain. This week and weeks prior, but mostly this past week I heard God saying, "More, there's more" Now that is very broad in one sense, but very narrow in another. For you it may be broad, but for me I feel like I know the direction the "more" is saying to go in. I feel like God is telling me, "get more of me, here's more of me, thirst for me, hunger for me, want me more than anything, follow me closely and I will show you, run after me and I will lead you, don't be scared, don't look back, don't think, just go. Leave your world, leave any inclination you had about anything, and trust. Follow the heart I've given you and those passions and desires and see what I have for you. More, there's so much more." It has been tugging and pulling at me for weeks, only to get stronger with each day. My God wants me to know Him and I want to know Him more than anything. Oswald Chambers says, "When once the call of God comes, begin to go and never stop going." And Jesus says, "No one who puts his hand to the plow and looks back is fit for service in the kingdom of God." I pray I never look back to wonder or think or question, but when my time comes for whatever it is that God has for me that I will go and never stop going. That is my prayer for all of us. God has a life waiting for us that we cannot imagine. I am not talking about our life in Heaven, but our earthly life here. I cannot fathom it, but I know it's great. To let me life go into the hands of someone so much greater than I and someone who loves me more than I could ever love myself is a relief and a gift. I pray I never miss it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home