Friday, October 01, 2004

oh do the blessings come down!

Last night I had the amazing opportunity to go to Clemson for the evening and serve Kingdom Building Ministries. Dave Ward was giving his message, "In God's Eyes". Soooo good. I've heard it twice before, but it always rings true and God teaches me something more through it. It's great. Dave had a resource table so some alumni from this summer helped out. It was so great to see Mark Smyers, Matt Hambright, and Jenny VanDyke. It was great to hear about how they are transitioning back and how their lives are doing and just to talk to them. It was wonderful. Another great surprise was seeing Jeremy Kingsley there. I love that guy. He is so funny and just random and really encouraging. He brought his sidekick, Mark Canada. It was great to talk to both of them and see them and just chat. The whole night was wonderful. It felt great to be able to do something for KBM and give something back to them in return for everything they do for me. Good times were had by all. And...side note...I felt so intellectual or something along those lines. I was recording Dave speaking. I did it on a Mac computer. Very high tec. Are you impressed. You must be! I was impressed with myself personally.

And....drum roll please....I am finally going to Charleston!!!!!!! I leave this afternoon with my sis, Jen. We're going to visit Pop-Pop and I have a few ministry partner appointments set up. So I could use some prayers if you like and wouldn't mind. I'm so excited. I haven't been to Charleston since last Christmas. It's been a while. I do want to head to the beach. I know it's kind of cool out, but I just want to dip my toes in the water and walk along the sand. It's been years since I've been to the beach. How bad could it be? I'm excited about Pop-Pop, real sea-food, home cooking, seeing people I haven't seen in years, road trip with the sis, time with Julia, and bagels from Bagel Nation. Oh, the taste of a Frazzle bagel in my mouth. It's pure heaven I tell you. Don't be jealous, I'm going to Charleston!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home