Sunday, September 19, 2004

Friend

This morning I was back at New Spring. I was out of town last weekend. We sang "I Can Only Imagine". We hadn't sung it in a while and frankly I hadn't heard it in a while. (Except for on that commercial for that radio station that plays both country and christian music.) Anyway, I can say that for the first time while singing that song I was imagining and thinking about it and I thought "friend". Jesus Christ is my friend, my best friend. He's my confidante that I have come to adore. In the past, when singing that song, I had thought big God, oh holy God. This time, it was more personal and standing there singing those words I thought "friend". I thought that in that moment the thing that I would want more than anything would be a hug from Him. A real hug that touched me as I embraced Him for the first time. It is something that I have longed for for so long and it would be happening. This may sound "corny" to some, but it's something huge to me. Jesus Christ, my best friend, truly.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home