Friday, August 27, 2004

I'm at work!!!

Well...here I am...at work. Oh the things I do. I'm sitting at work doing what I do. But the good thing is that while I'm here I can do other things, such as type on my blog and let everyone know what's going on.

So school has been enormous this week. I think that's the way the entire semester is going to look honestly. A lot of reading, but the thing that keeps pushing me through is that this is my last semester. So I'll bust my butt and get little sleep, but then that's it. I'm through and I'll be on my way to Colorado. Whoo! Hoo!

I went to Home Groups last night. A lot of the people of changed. We lost some people and we've gained some people, but it's still great. I really enjoy going and talking and fellowshipping and meeting new people and sharing. I love that the body of Christ can come together in such a way as that. There are people that we've never met before, but when you meet them there is an automatic bond that is unspoken, but yet so deep and so dear to heart. There's a common goal and a common yearning inside that is somewhat of a mystery. I don't think many would be able to put into words, but many would agree and know what I'm talking about.

Lately I've really been struggling with a few things. Loving people for who they are not what I want them to be. It really comes and goes, but mostly comes. Obviously, people let us down, a lot! Hold on a sec, let me explain the whole situation, before I get myself confused. People let us down, I do it to people, they do it to me, it happens. I know this. My thing is (and I'm sure others) that when they let me down, that's it. I lose trust in them, and I have to really pray through it to forgive them and to get back to myself with them. But that in between time when I'm still upset and hurt, it's so hard for me to love them, really love them. I want to so badly. I want to love people despite their faults or what they've done to me or what they've done to people I care about, but it's hard. I want to love people through service through them and through prayer and through encouraging words (something I definitely am working on). I've been reading and studying Hosea lately. (I think I've already mentioned this before.) But it's amazing to me to see Hosea love his wife despite the things she did to hurt him or to embarass him or deface him. The same goes for God. In chapter 14 God is calling Israel back to Himself, begging Israel to turn from their idol-worshipping and to love Him back. Despite everything Israel had done to Him and how they had turned their back on God, He wanted and desired them and loved them for who they were. Hello!!! How gut-wrenching is that? I mean what?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home