Tuesday, August 10, 2004

Craziness!

Well...I know...I have not been on here in a long while. Good to be back. I was extremely blessed this morning to receive a phone call from no one other than Mr. Jacob Queen. It was soooo good to talk to him this morning on my way from Starbucks to work. He makes me laugh so much!! It makes me want to be in Anderson right now.

This week I think I really the most busy week I've had in Colorado thus far. I had some friends in town until yesterday afternoon and work this week. Last night Emily and I went searching for an apartment for me and went to P.F. Changs for dinner (a chinese bistro). It's sooo good. We had a very "funny" waitor, but very good at making us feel like we were having a good time:) Today is more work and then hopefully a support raising meeting with a family tonight. Continued packing each night to get ready to go home. Wednesday involves watching Silas and Aynsley all day and them going with me to Sam's to buy food and supplies for graduation this Friday afternoon. Wednesday night is dinner with friends and then earning some extra bucks helping Emily clean the office building. Thursday is work and watching Silas and Aynsley in the afternoon and packing my office and room up and putting it in my car because on Friday morning I will pick my dad up from the airport and he will drop me off at the office and he will drive on to Texas to pick up my sis. Friday is cooking for graduation and decorating and the actual graduation and then that night I am going out to dinner with Kristen, her parents and some others for her birthday. Saturday is airport dropoffs, a cookout, and my last in Colorado until January. And I fly out of DIA at o'dark:50 (as Mr. Jim Taylor would say!). What a week.

Last night I was so thankful to just sit in my room after dinner with Emily. I cleaned and washed clothes and cut fruit and packed a little. It was nice to just sit. I don't think I'm going to have another one of those evenings for a while. But it's okay. I was complaining earlier that I didn't have anything to do. I guess there are good things and bad things both ways.

This am I got up so early, before the sun, to look for a video clip for Mark's class this morning. I had to find the one from Schindler's List where they give him the ring and he started taking off a pin he's wearing and talking about his car and how those could have bought more people to save them. Point is, it was early, and I found immediately so I had no need to get up that early. I had a whole extra hour of nothing to do. So I read and went over my ministry presentation while listening a wonderful Ms. Sarah McLachlan. She really is amazing. And I thougth to myself, "This early am deserves a white mocha, no cream, from Starbucks". So I went, good times. That's when I got the call from Jacob. Very surprised he was even up. I know it was like 9:30 there, but still. It was great!

Okay, let me think, how many days? Six days including today and the day arrive until I'm in Anderson. I can't even handle it. Anyone know of a place I can get a job? Just for the fall.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home