Wednesday, November 17, 2004

Comparison of love

Now...maybe I am completely naive about the whole thing. I've never been in love before so I don't really know what it's like, but anyway. Reading through some scripture the other day and some inspiring words from Charles Spurgeon, I got to thinking. (This could be dangerous.) Scripture tells us that we are to love Christ with every ounce of our being and with everything that we have. We are to love Him more than anyone else: mother, father, sister, brother, friend, husband. And...He loves us more than anything else or more than anyone else ever could. He is the only one who can satisfy us and really quench our thirst for the love we desire so much. So...won't love from anyone else just be a disappointment? I mean, someone can love me as hard as they want to, but it will never compare or come close to the love the Christ has for me. And...if I love Christ the way I'm supposed to than my love for someone else on earth will never compare to the love that I have for Christ and it will never be enough for that person either. Just a thought that keeps me going around in circles.

Anyone have a dress I can borrow for our upcoming Christmas formal? I need one badly.

So...9 more days of actual class!!!!!! 28 days until graduation!!!

The funk that I talked about last week has returned. I am not depressed, I do not feel sorry for myself, I'm not mad at anyone, my relationship with Christ is flourishing. After having an absolutely wonderful chat with Beth Marshall on Monday she assured me that it's okay. And after much thought, I'm thinking, you know, I think it's a God-thing. I am definitely hearing Him more clearly since this has happened. So the funk continues, for no obvious reason, but I wait patiently.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home