Thursday, July 15, 2004

Play Dough

This morning was not the usual working day in Aurora, CO. I watched Jim's precious children, Silas and Aynsley. (I have GOT to get a picture of them up here. Someone please tell me how to do that.) Anyway, We started off the morning riding bikes around the neighborhood and drawing ALL over the sidewalk with chalk. I have not done that in years and it was so much fun. I, of course, drew the only things I have ever known how to draw. My name and flowers. Boring, I know, but they were beautiful, I thought. I did some shading and almost made them look 3-D. I was proud. Lanna and Matt would have been too. (They are my artistic friends.) We then went to our favorite place. WAL-MART!!!!! I had to pick up a few things, that wasn't really exciting, but we all got stickers when we left. And, (side note) that was the first time ever that when me and the two kids are leaving WAL-MART that it is not raining. So that was a relief. We then went on to the pet store. We saw snakes, gerbels, hamsters, birds, fish (which Aynsley called bitch because she can't say fish right, it's hilarious), and bunnies. Good times were had by all.

After that we went home and rode our bycicles some more. And then the three of us made lunch. Grilled cheese, green beans, and cantelope were on the menu. They buttered the bread and unwrapped the cheese and I did the rest. Yummy. After lunch we all had a gumball for desert, it was cute. Then we pretended to be animals in which I always had to be the mean one (why?). They wanted me to tickle them EVERYTIME they did a summersault. That was about every 2 seconds. Aynsley went down for a nap and Silas and I played with Play Dough. That was the high light of my day.

He wanted to "bake" with the play dough. He made cookies and cupcakes and I was in charge of the cake. I made a red velvet cake with cream cheese icing (I can really make these and they are sooo good.) It was three layered with icing in the middle and icing on top and candles were lit on top. It was the most beautiful play dough cake I've ever made. I hope it's not destroyed. As a result of the "baking" my nose if forever smelling play dough. There are sacrifices you have to make for good times.:)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home