Monday, June 28, 2004

What in the world?

So...a lot has been happening here in my life lately. Not sure I'm ready for all of it, but nonetheless here it is. Sometimes I wish I were sixteen still and my dad was making all of my decisions for me. But that's not the case, I'm supposedly mature and an adult now, so here it goes. Life, what to do with it. So...Kingdom Building Ministries has offered me a job here starting in January. Actually January 1st. To tell you the truth, I was not expecting that AT ALL. I mean I was hoping, but had no idea it was coming, and so soon. So here I am praying and thinking through all of this. KBM, holy cow, what a great opportunity. But leaving Anderson and my friends, my life, my church, my house, my family, all of that it is a lot that I was not expecting to have to face so soon and so alone. But then again, God is in heaven and He does whatever He chooses. He knows the path for my life and although my life seems upside down right now like I don't know what I'm doing or am going to do, it is so comforting to know that God has a plan for it. He decided a long time ago where and when I would serve Him. That is wonderful news to me. If I am obedient there are no worries. I just pray that I ears and my heart would be listening to what it is that God is trying to tell me. On one end I don't want to except this job position because it would be exciting and adventurous, but I don't want to stay in Anderson because it's comfortable for me there. Just seeking God on this. I am completely honored that KBM would even ask me to come on board with them. I hope and pray that all of you will be able to experience and encounter KBM at a close glance so that you can see what I see in them. They are a completely faith-driven organization that is AMAZING. They've got it right and God is all over this place and the people who are a part of it. I just hope that I can have a positive contribution in some way. I think I have found my place. (in this world) Isn't that a REALLY old song by Michael W. Smith? I think so. SIDE NOTE: What is it about Christian stations that no matter what year or decade it is, they play EVERY Christian song ever written, even if it was 25 years ago. I mean, come on. How about taking a class.