Thursday, June 17, 2004

Life, whoo!

So...today has been quite an interesting day. I should say this week has. Between the tornados and thunderstorms, Lenarcians and Niociens and Silas and Aynsley, this has been interesting. Silas and Aynsley are my two favorite children in the whole world. And two of the smartest I'm sure. Lenarcians and Niociens is a game that we play at The Laborer's Institute for Young Adults. The students are leaving on Saturday and Sunday to head overseas to Southeast Asia. One team to Thailand and the other to China. This is kind of a thing where we make them pack their bags as if their going. (This bag can only be so big and can only weight 25 lbs. at the most.) We make gross food and check and make sure everything is right and they have to do a cultural exercise. It's really quite interesting and fun. And the tornados. What in the world?!?!?! I've never experienced them before. Not that I even sat through these. But they were in the same county. They have sirens here that go off and some lady comes through a sound system telling you to take cover. Interesting. Kind of scary. I tend to get a little paranoid. Oh well. All is well.

Tonight a dear friend, Kristen, and I are headed to my most favorite restaurant, Outback! She just moved here with her family from the east coast and they are in Aurora with me! How fun is that? An old friend in a new place. God is good.

Speaking of....yesterday we had a great class on this book called, "The Dream Cycle". I have not actually read it, but he author led the seminar. It's about discovering the dreams that God has for your life. And not only finding them out, but doing them. But through that you must be growing. So he introduced growing on purpose. A growth plan, which is a great idea. I don't hardly know a single person that has a growth plan. The cycle is basically a year and you continue with it your whole life. You have people holding you accountable for your plan and it's great. It's more than growing spiritually too, but that's a big part. You grow in health and fitness and in your interests, skills, spiritual gifts, and many more. I would be more than happy to share it all with anyone. It's a wonderful idea and works. I highly recommend it. Why wouldn't you want to grow on purpose rather than going through life hoping it works adn hoping that something has worked to help you to grow. It only makes sense to me.

You know...it's funny how God works. More and more as my life goes on and I grow I learn to hear God's voice more clearly, rather recognize it as His. There's a great peace in that, knowing it's Him talking to you. And it's funny how He does speak to me. (Maybe it's not just me that He speaks funny to.) Lately, things that have been frustrating me and bothering me are answers to prayers. I've been praying that God would really humble me and teach me to be a servant to His people and in His Kingdom. And yet, I get frustrated when things happen and then God says, "I'm just doing what you asked me to do." That's right, I'm a moron and forget, again. I just have to laugh.

For those of you who read this...please keep Shannon Griffin in your prayers as she is in India serving. She has seen some amazing things and God is most definitely working there. There are people asking about Jesus and wanting to know more and people are so close to answering His voice. Pray for fruit and for courage for Shannon. Thank you all so much.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home