Friday, May 28, 2004

Oh, it's on!

Just finished a great lunch prepared by the hands of the summer staffers at Kingdom Building Ministries. And it was actually good for us. A mixture of salad greens with some great grilled chicken on it and hotdog on the side. It's that weird liking for hotdogs again. And...it was some people's birthdays so we had a cake. Wasn't that lovely? Jess and I like the corners with lots of icing, so there we went. (That's what you get for being the ones to cut and pass it out. My mouth was a nice shade of blue following the eating.

And...somewhere during the frenzy of lunch I declared Ultimate Frisbee war. Northerners vs. Southerners. Who do you think will win? We're playing this afternoon immediately following work and those Northerners are going down! I brought my cleets and I'm ready to kick some tail. I really think we have the advantage. I sure hope I don't have to put my foot in my mouth tomorrow.

Tomorrow is white water rafting day! We're leaving at o'dark o'clock. (6:00 am) We're traveling three hours or so and are headed down the river in some big old rafts. Dang we're going to have a good time.

Headed over to Emily's tonight for dinner and some hang time. Those kids of her's are AMAZING! Silas is 5 and Aynsley is 2.5. They are some of the most smartest, interesting, and hilarious children I've ever incountered. If you met them your life would be better for it. I wish I had brought my video camera out here to tape 'em.

Does anyone know what "boughten" means? Some people out here have a tendency of saying that word a lot. Not sure really.