Thursday, May 27, 2004

Hotdogs

So it occurred to me that I'm eating a hot dog...as a child I used to love hotdogs. I would eat them boiled with mustard. Mom would cut them up for me. Then I went through a time in my life where I hated hotdogs. I thought they were the most repulsive things. Now I love hotdogs. Well...I wouldn't say love. I like them. But now I have them on a bun with spicy mustard. The like for spicy mustard was inherited from my dad who loves spicy mustard. He pretty much loves anything spicy. That's where we differ. It's not that I don't like spicy things. My mouth just can't handle them. Pepper is sometimes too much for me. One time in high school I was at a superbowl party and ate what I was told and that was raw okra, but was actually sliced jalapenos. As you can imagine I was not doing too well. My mouth was on fire. I guess that just shows how gullible I am.

Lately, I've been trying to eat more healthy. A friend, Mr. Joel, once told me, "Clean foods." I really don't know what that means exactly, but I'm assuming no fried and not a lot of "stuff" on it. That would make sense. So I've cut out fried things, although it's not hard out here in CO. It's not the south you know, where fried food is everywhere. And I've actually begun eating spinach salads instead of just regular lettuce. Of course I do hide the taste with Lite Raspberry Walnut Vinaigrette dressing made my Ken's. This is the best dressing I've ever tried. You put some walnuts in there with it and it's a delicious salad. More water is key, been doing that. I do slip when I can finally find a place that sells sweet tea out here. Whoops. Sorry mom. So on that note, I'm quite proud of myself. I have a really bad sweet tooth, and have not caved into it lately. That is so hard. Ladies you know what I mean. Chocolate is the key to life.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home