Friday, June 11, 2004

Holy Cow!

So...I really don't know how long it's been since I have written in this thing. But here goes....this past weekend we went up into the mountains for a spiritual retreat. We went into the Rockies about 30 min. south of The Springs. Boy did I need that! I got to spend a lot of quality time with God, which I needed. We played volleyball and frisbee and watched movies and hiked and went to The Garden of the Gods (I think that was my fourth time.). Good times were had by all. I managed to fall on flat ground (not surprising) and scrape up both my knees. I haven't scraped up my knees like that since I was in middle school I think. Then playing volleyball I bruised my forearms so badly that I looked like someone had been beating me or I was a heroin addict. None of which are true. That is what you get for bruising like a peach I guess. Thanks for the genes mom.

That Sunday night Adrian Despres spoke about loving those inside the Kingdom. We can't love others until we can love ourselves and we can't love ourselves for who we are unless we know and understand that God loves us like no one else does or ever will. God convicted me about my attitude and some things I've been thinking and acting on. God really spoke to me through Adrian that night. I know people say that, but never like this before. I don't feel like Adrian and his message were speaking to me. I feel like that God spoke through Adrian's voice to me. I was amazing and lifted my spirits so much. God encouraged me so much that night and I can honestly say I have not been the same since. It was wonderful.

The beginning of the work week started off wonderful! I got some great news and so many e-mails, cards, and packages from the best friends in the whole world! I will argue anyone on that. They are amazing! Good ol' Michelle sent me a stuffed giraffe in the mail. First, a little, "What the heck?" Then, "OHhh". It was cute and a wonderful thought. Don't know what I'll name it yet. Any thoughts?

Tuesday night me and my shopping buddies, Heather and Steve, went to Colorado Mills to spend some money! And and boy did we! Yea for cheap stores. Old Spaghetti Factory for dinner. Yum! Yum!

Last night was the Summer Staff Appreciation Dinner. You guessed it, when asked to share, I blubbered like a fool. Isn't surprising I know. It was bound to happen. So there it went. But still good times. Played frisbee afterwards in the park by my house and Starbucks here we come! Isn't it great that there is a Starbucks anywhere and everywhere here? I just love it, personally. What is it about people who work at Starbucks? Is there a rule that you have to be kind of artsy or weird looking or "interesting"? Granted, they are not ALL like this, but for the most part. I've never seen an ugly Starbucks person. Just a thought.

3 Comments:

Blogger Beau and Kathryn said...

I like Henry. That sounds like a strong name. What's the girl name we could use?

11:49 AM  
Blogger Beau and Kathryn said...

What about Beatrice or Clementine?

10:09 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have been looking for sites like this for a long time. Thank you! credit reports Web merchant texas account toon sex games buy oxycontin online

11:43 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home