Tuesday, July 13, 2004

What an amazing trip!

Well...sorry Lanna and Matt. I know you have missed hearing from me. I have been on vacation with my family. I returned to work only today. My parents, brother, aunt Teresa, and my mom's friend, Yvonne went all over the southeast corner of Colorado and had a blast. As soon as I figure out how to post pictures on this bad boy I'll put them on here to show you. We went to Red Rocks, Beau Joes in Idaho Springs for the most amazing pizza in my life. On to Leadville and Twin Lakes to see some ghost towns and stay in this place called The Nordick Inn with amazing feather beds and some of the best food ever. We also went canoeing across some lake to another ghost town, in which I got extremely burnt. Oh well. Then on to Mt. Princeton where we stayed for two nights and went swimming in the Hot Springs. We went horseback riding and white-water rafting through Brown's Canyon. If you ever go, go with Noah's Ark. Incredible Christian Company that does outdoor stuff. They're great! Yvonne fell out of the raft during the biggest rapid, Zoom Floom. Pretty scary, but makes for more stories! We're glad she's okay. That night I got one of the most amazing milk shakes at K's. Then on to The Great Sand Dunes near Alamosa. The are in front of the Sanchre de Christo mountains, which means "Blood of Christ". The sand dunes were amazing to see (highly recommend them) they have like a 35 degree grade for the slope, they were hard to climb and very hot. I'll show pics later. They were beautiful. People ski and snow board down them in the evenings. Wish I could have done that! The next day we drove to Colorado Springs, but stopped at the Royal Gorge on the way, INCREDIBLE! Took a cog rail to the top of Pike's Peak, beautiful up there. Drove through some hail on the way back to Aurora. Saturday we went to Estes Park and Rocky Mountain National Park, which was beautiful. Me and dad did some hiking and went to the top of the tundra, one of four in the world. In case you're like me and don't know what a tundra is, it's land that is so high and so cold that it only allows plants to grow to an inch high becuase the ground never defrosts enough to let anything else to be able to grow. It's really cool. It's above a lot of other mountains. It's so beautiful. We sat around and waited to see some big horned sheep, in which we never saw. But that was okay. Sunday the boys went fly fishing and the ladies went to Boulder!! I want to move there! One great store there that I loved! It was called Peppercorn and if you ever go to the Pearl St. Mall in Boulder you have to go there. So great! Had some Thai food last night in which that did not go over too well and dropped my parents and the rest off at the airport this morning. And now I am back at work! I'm glad to be back, I missed it. Oh, and for those of you who are reading this and are interested, I am taking a job at Kingdom Building Ministries (where I am now) starting in January. I'm excited and nervous at the same time. Lot's of mixed feelings. But it's good and it's what I feel led to do!

I miss everyone so much. I will be back in Anderson in 4.5 weeks! I can hardly believe it. Can't wait to start playing some ultimate frisbee!!!! For those of you who care, please be praying for me to find a flexible job for this semester as I will be needing to travel on some weekends and have a full load at school. Thanks.

If anyone wants to let me know how to put pics on this bad boy I would be very appreciative.

1 Comments:

Blogger lauren said...

hi miss kathryn! hope you are doing well. it'll be good to have you back in a-town...
http://help.blogger.com/bin/answer.py?answer=324&topic=17 should answer all your questions.

2:34 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home