Tuesday, January 24, 2006

A new vision and some new goals!

Well...so much happened this weekend and yet not so much at the same time.  I had my first day off in three weeks and I loved it!  I got some skirts for India and some necessities, which was good.  It has taken a little pressure off of getting set to go.  But at the same time I didn't really know what to do with all of my time.  It was kind of weird. 
 
Went and saw "The End of the Spear".  It was pretty good.  It wasn't nearly as good as the documentary, "Beyond the Gates of Splendor".  But it's worth seeing if you haven't already.
 
So...some of my new goals?  Yeah, I'm going to go see all the wonders of the world.  Did you know that there are like 66 of them?  Some of them don't exist anymore, but the ones that do are on my list of places to go and see.  I've seen six already and I'll see two, maybe three more when I'm in India!  So I'm excited about that:)
 
My new vision is one that God gave me over the weekend.  I have always dreamed of when I get married and we have a place to always have an extra bedroom where people can stay long-term or short-term.  That would be a way of me being able to minister to people.  People I know and people I don't know.  But I think I want to minister to single moms or single women in general.  That's always been on my heart.  It's more in the discipleship arena, but my heart is aching for them to know Jesus as well. 
 
I love to one day move into a place of my own where I have an extra bedroom, but in a different apartment  complex where there are a lot of single moms and single women so that I can be hospitable and just love in them with everything I have.  I want to reach out and watch their kids for them and have them over for dinner and make that my  ministry.  I know it's from the Lord because (and I say this very ashamed but...)anyone who knows me knows that I like really nice things and I like the best.  But I'm not just willing but I want to go to these places where I know that the apartment will not be as nice because that's where the people are that I feel led to reach out to.  Please don't hear me saying this with pride or a "Look at me" attitude.  This is the Lord completely.  It has to because it's opposite of what I would normally say or do.  I'm thankful that God is shaping my heart to be more like His.
 
The glory of God is man fully alive!

--
Running Hard,

Kathryn

But I keep working toward that day when I will finally be all that Christ Jesus saved me for and wants me to be. ...Forgetting the past and looking forward to what lies ahead, I strain to reach the end of the race and receive the prize for which God, through Christ Jesus, is calling us up to heaven.
Philippians 3:12-14

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home