Friday, December 30, 2005

A Whirlwind of a time...yet missing it

So...I am back from NYC.  Yeah, my parents took the fam for part of our Christmas.  We left Monday morning and got back late last night.  We had a great time despite the freezing weather and the rain.  I saw "Phantom of the Opera" for the first time and loved it!!!!!!!!  It was wonderful and has now taken over as my favorite Broadway musical, moving Les Miserables down to second place.  Both are incredible though!  And the food in NY.  WOW!  I did eat well, very well, too well.  We had Italian three times and I loved every ounce of it.  The most delicious ever!  We went to the Statue of Liberty and Ellis Island on Tuesday.  Wednesday we went shopping and walked a lot. We went to Chinatown, where I felt like I was really in China!  We also went to Little Italy where I think I saw some guys from the MOB!  Thursday was our last day and we went to the Metropolitan Museum of Art, the Today show, NBC store, Rockefellar Center and the airport.  Good times!
 
Christmas was great and wonderful to spend with family and friends and have traditions.  I love traditions.  I've thought up some that I would like to start.
 
Yet missing it...unfortunately I feel like I missed it.  I missed the point of it.  It was there, we read Luke 2 as a family (a tradition we do on Christmas Eve before any presents are opened).  The problem was, I wasn't looking for it.  I wasn't focused on it.  It was my fault.  I missed it.  It's sad.  I'm sad.  But I'm reminded, God forgives, I'm not to constantly feel guilty about it.  Ask for forgiveness and then swim in the forgiveness He gives. 
 
How do you stop from missing it?  I really need to think through this for next year.  I want to be ready.  I want to be watching and waiting for it, ready not to miss it!
 
And so...I go back to Denver, hopefully  no delays flying in and I go back to work on Monday.  The office is actually closed, but I have a lot to do before my intern arrives on Tuesday!  Aaaggghhhhh!!!!!  I'm already stressed about it all.  This is my first Institute run by me alone.  It's a little nerveracking and kind of overwhelming.  But God is good.  I am here for such a time as this and He would not have put me here had He not known that I could do it and do it well.  So here goes. 
 
Forgive me if you don't hear from me or get regular posts on here over the next three months.  I'll be busy with 8 students and traveling overseas and such.  I'll post as much as possible!
 
Happy New Year to you all!  Anyone got any good New Year's resolutions?  I've got one....so far.

 

1 Comments:

Blogger Amy said...

Ahh! you have an intern! that's hilarious, and great :)

When do the students arrive??

11:34 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home