Friday, December 02, 2005

Visions

I have been going through a spiritual dry spell lately. How long has this been happening? Too long, one day is too long! But I've been having visions lately. No, not hallucination visions. But God has been running so many memories and visions through my mind lately that it has awakened me or rather awakened my heart for Him.

You know that song by Switchfoot off of the CD "The Beautiful Letdown"-"This is Your Life"? Well dang, I was at the gym Tuesday morning and I was lifting weights and the song came on the radio and I was listening to the words and it says something like "this is your life, is it what you want it to be". And out loud, I said "no".

No, this is not what I want my life to be. I don't know exactly what I want it to be as far as specifics, but I know what I don't want. I don't want this.

Please, hold on a sec. I love my life. I am way far beyond just blessed. I know I'm blessed and I have a great life. But what I'm talking about is referring more to my purpose here on this earth and what my Heavenly Father is calling me and who He's calling me to be. It's mostly who He's calling me to be.

Okay, I know I'll never be perfect this side of Heaven and I'm not trying to get pity out of anyone, I am just saying that I am not who I am meant to be at this point in my life and why? Because I haven't been trying. I haven't been working at this relationship. I haven't been searching and finding. It's my own fault.

No this is not what I want my life to be because I want my life to mean so much more than it does for the Kingdom. I want to make an impact and I think the only impact I'm making is on Starbucks (raising their profit margin for 2005). I want to leave that legacy.

But more than what others will see me as or remember me for, I want it for me. I want to wake up each morning fulfilling my purpose as a daughter of the King. God's been showing me who I could be and what I could do. He's given me those visions. He's calling me to something greater and I know what that something is. It's Him.

Here I go...

1 Comments:

Blogger Nick said...

I am in the same place. My friend Tim and I nearly quit our jobs last week to pursue full-time ministry of some kind. I am not motivated by financial gain. I know that is hard to believe, but I would much rather my life by making a difference in the eternal lives of others than to move up the corporate ladder.

7:29 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home