Thursday, November 17, 2005

My heart

Is your heart right with God? This was the question asked this morning during out staff prayer time. Your heart shall be sanctified with God.

May God himself, the God of peace, sanctify you through and through. May your whole spirit, soul and body be kept blameless at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ. The one who calls you is faithful and he will do it.
1 Thessalonians 5:23-24
Take note that blameless DOES NOT mean perfect. Thank God!
With everything that I'm walking through right now, God met me. He gave me favorite scripture again this morning in my QT.
I don't mean to say that I have already achieved these things or that I have already reached perfection! But I keep working toward that day when I will finally be all that Christ Jesus saved me for and wants me to be. No, dear brothers and sisters, I am still not all I should be, but I am focusing all my energies on this one thing: Forgetting the past and looking forward to what lies ahead, I STRAIN to reach the end of the race and receive the prize for which God, through Christ Jesus, is calling us up to heaven.
Philippians 3:12-14
Encouragement for how I'm not there yet, but that's okay. I will never be, this side of heaven. Paul never was. But...I've got to focus all of my efforts and try my best to be there.

3 Comments:

Blogger Amy said...

You know, this may sound silly. But until your simple statement, "Take note that blameless DOES NOT mean perfect"...I don't think I had ever really thought through or understood the implications of that word "blameless." It's one that I often read and bothered me. Now that I really pause to consider it...it makes so much mor sense. I am blameless--not because I have done nothing wrong--but because Christ has taken the weight of the guilt and blame for the wrong I've done. My blame was placed on Him--making me blameless. It's all about Him!

Wow. So you're reading this going, "Duh." I am sure. But somehow, this is surprisingly sort of new for me to think about! So thanks for that :)

11:08 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very nice site!
»

4:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Best regards from NY! Musky fishing line Humidifier and newborn baby refinancing Evista nuestra tierra Is big tigger gay Tulsa health insurance http://www.i-can-t-watch-this.info/breitling-watches.html

11:22 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home