Thursday, November 10, 2005

Positive Conviction

Every morning, the office staff that I'm a part of meets together for prayer before we start the day. It's my favorite part of the day and my favorite part of working here. We start off on the right foot and start off checking out motives for being here and doing what we're doing. At least that's what I think it is.

Well...this morning, Pastor, who is just so precious and dear to me and I think anyone who's ever met him. [He's the President's father and he's like 76 or something. Precious!] He read down the list to a prayer request that one of our board members had sent in. The board member's husband's sister has terminal cancer and only has a few weeks to live.

After Pastor read the prayer request he just says so matter-a-factly and with such conviction like he truly believes it and doesn't doubt it, "Of course, God can change that." And then he just went on with other prayer requests.

It struck me and I wrote down what Pastor said. He didn't go searching for those words because he didn't make them up or say them to be more spiritual. He just knows it. He believes in the sovereignty of God and He believes that God is who He says He is. Such honest conviction.

2 Comments:

Blogger Amy said...

How I miss Pastor and Agnes! I hope I am like them when I am old. They were on the prayer calendar last week or the week before and it just was so encouraging to see their requests: that they would not be weary in well doing, and that they would be faithful for as long as they have breath. Wow! Such a godly man and woman.

12:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looking for information and found it at this great site... Remax realty little rock 1991 honda civic radio wiring diagrams Latest virus scanner Ativan grapefruit Prices of driveway paving disney vacation club cruise block internet pop ups trend free virus scan Topamax cures obesity Panda titanium antivirus 2005 v4 01 02 serial Walls blizzard pruf jacket Cheating wives blowjob ultracet vs oxycodone Dye paintball gloves

2:52 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home