Friday, October 21, 2005

Food and good friends!

Well...what a busy week. I've been sick. Yuck. I thought I was on the upswing or downslope, whatever you want to call it. But no. Things are just changing and I get new ailments everyday. Yuck. I refuse to take medicine though. I'm toughing this one out. I think I'm doing pretty well. I think. If you've seen me lately and you don't think so, please tell me and I'll try and do something about it:)

Well...this weekend is filled with food. Yes, that's right, good food. Tonight I'm going over to the Drees' house for dinner. Yummy! And tomorrow night I'm making a big southern dinner featuring:

Roast with potatoes and carrots and grave
Macaroni and Cheese
Green Beans
Fried Okra (are you jealous Amy?)
Corn Bread
Sweet Tea
Benne Wafers
Banana Pudding
Pecan Pie

Oh course, all of this is homemade! I hope it's as much a treat for the ladies coming as it will be for me to cook it for them! I love to cook for people and I never get the chance. But I do tomorrow! Yea for good times with good friends!

And...I have a surprise, but I can't tell anyone. You'll have to wait for it! You'll never guess.

2 Comments:

Blogger Natalie said...

No see...you can't do that.

First of all, the temptation of all the good food being made.

And, secondly, the "I have a secret but I can't tell you." You just can't do that! Spill it, girl. The suspense is killing me...

8:43 AM  
Blogger Amy said...

Girl, I am jealous because I have HAD your all-homemade Southern dinner before, when I visited you last fall. Yum Yum. But I am not jealous of fried okra (unless you serve it less bland, or with some sort of good dipping sauce), and I have no idea what "benne wafers" are.

I'm also jealous of you having dinner with the Dreeses tonight. Give them hugs for me!!

I miss you! Wish I could come for dinner tomorrow!

9:25 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home