Monday, September 26, 2005

Home

You know that saying, "Home is where the heart is."? I am learning to understand that a little bit day by day.

I have been in South Carolina now for one week. And what a week it has been. I should put pictures up but I left my USB cable at the house. Whoops! Anyway, I have seen so many people and hung out and had a really good time. It has been wonderful to see people again and just share in their lives once again. And was great to go to New Spring yesterday morning for the first time since February! It was an amazing service and God was there and worked in His wonderful ways!

As this trip has been approaching I have been waiting in eager expectation for it and thinking of all of the great things that I would do and how wonderful it would be. I expected a lot and had dreams that were huge for it. I knew things wouldn't be the same as before, but I guess I didn't prepare myself for as huge a difference as there would be.

Instead of this feeling like "home", Colorado has become my home. I miss it and I've only been gone for one week. I miss being around people who know me for who I've become and not being around people who know me for who I used to be. [Of course, there are exceptions to this!] It's so hard to explain to someone you haven't seen in 9 months how much you have changed and what God has done in you, in just a few hours. There's not enough time. And although there are times when I am with my new friends in Colorado that I wish they knew a little bit about my past and knew different aspects about my personality, they know my present and can see God working in my day-by-day. It's just very different.

I have loved being here, please don't mistake what I said above as wishing I weren't here. I love being here, but I won't lie and say that it's been easy cause it hasn't. When I was about to graduate from college I kept telling people that I felt like my time was up here and I was meant to leave. And I was right. My time IS up here. I have moved on and as hard as that has been, it's been for the best and I wouldn't trade it for the world.

I was having lunch with Sara and Lucas today and Sara asked me what I would be doing right now if I wasn't working and living in Colorado and quite frankly I don't have a clue in the world. It's so hard to imagine my life as anything other than what it is. I don't know where I would be working or what I would be doing, but I am thankful that God placed me in Denver, CO at Kingdom Building Ministries. It's wonderful!

3 Comments:

Blogger Amy said...

good stuff, girl! I love seeing you reveling in where God has you and what He's doing in your life.

where will you be next Monday-Tuesday? Steve is going on a business trip...I wonder how far SC is from here...

4:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm glad to hear you've had a good trip - can't wait to hear more when you get back! Enjoy the humidity cuz its chilly here!!!

4:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Excellent, love it!
» » »

11:13 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home