Tuesday, September 06, 2005

What a weekend!

I mean...I had a great weekend. Friday night I just stayed home and watched movies. It was so relaxing and very much needed. I loved the chance. Saturday I went shopping!!!! Express had jeans on sale, which was wonderful and I got some great fall/winter clothes. I have to get prepared for this cold weather that I hear will be here in about a month. Everyone is telling me that we'll have the first snow by Halloween! I'm just not ready for coldness that quickly. What happened to fall?

Saturday I went to "A Taste of Colorado" with Jennie and Natalie. I skimped all day on food because I knew I was going to be eating good that and I was right. First of all, we arrived at around 6:30 only to find that people were already drunk. I mean really, it's not even dark yet. It was rediculous. But the food, aahhhhhhhhh! Delicious:) I had fried bananas, kettle corn, an avacado wrap, seseme chicken, roasted corn on the cob, and a very most delicious berry cabob covered in milk and white chocolate. Can you say heaven in my mouth? We also ran into some of my friends from church, Brian, Charlie, and Zack. Good to see them. Brian was eating a turkey leg, which was something I really wanted. But I had to control myself for fear that I would be the only woman in the whole place that was carrying one of those around gnawing on it:) Yummy!

Sunday was an incredible message at church about how we are not to strive to please God, but to trust Him and love Him with everything that we have. The graphics were great and the deliverer was awesome. It spoke volumes!

I had a great lunch with great friends with the sweetest of sweet tea that I have had since April when I left the South. Ssshhhh...don't tell anyone, but...it was too sweet. I can't believe I just said that. Sssshhh.

Sunday night was definitely the highlight of my weekend. I went swing dancing!!! I was a little apprehensive only because I've never done it but I'm glad I tried it. It was free dance lessons and then live band for dancing the night away. And boy did I dance. I got twirled and spun and dipped and slid around on the floor:) I was told we weren't going to be doing any aeirials so it was safe to wear a skirt. Well...the little spin on the floor involved my behind on the ground and my partner is spinning me around. Needlesstosay, me and the guys I was with became a lot closer that night:) It was so great! I want to go again and learn some more. It was so much fun!
Afterwards we stopped at Taco Bell at like 11:00 and got tacos. I felt like I was in college again, eating bad food late at night. But it was fun!

Labor Day involved me and Brynn having accountability and going shoe shopping! I got two pairs and they're so cute. They are both two types of shoes that I have never owned before. Sara, you would be proud:) And then we all had a bar-b-que at Brian and Zach's house. Good times were had by all! Can't wait 'til next weekend! Stay tuned.

3 Comments:

Blogger Amy said...

LOL at "Can you say heaven in my mouth?" All that food DID sound good though. We had fried bananas and coconut ice cream for dessert at our last meal in Hawaii--YUM :)

And I also cracked up at the sweet tea thing! TOO sweet is hard to believe, Miss Two-Cups-of-Sugar-in-One-Gallon-of-Tea :)

4:05 PM  
Blogger Del said...

Hey old friend,
I have started making sweet tea here in Louisville for my roommates. I put about two cups in a gallon also! Hope to hear from you soon.

Del
http://delshaffer.blogspot.com/

9:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is very interesting site... Bodybuilding while traveling extended 1994 gmc sierra wire colors for stereo alabama stationery gravure printing Mitsubishi montero off road Biam xanax Vicodin tab effects of vicoden marino cartridges Culinary arts schools in roanoke virginia

8:08 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home