Wednesday, August 10, 2005

He should be enough

Monday was a weird day for me. I couldn't explain it. There was something about Sunday as well. I was uncomfortable with life. Everything about it made me uneasy. It scared me a little bit. But Monday night when I got home from taking Silas and Aynsley to dinner and a movie I was overcome with that uneasiness again and was just playing noise everywhere to try and escape.

But what I'm learning is that sometimes that's how God gets my attention. I decided that who better to run to than my Father. So I did. I sat on my bed listening to Natalie Grant's "Held" and just thinking and journaling and praying to God. I came to realize that He wanted me to come to Him. He wanted to talk and I was ashamed that I had ran.

At one point during our conversation I asked for boldness to share with the lost women at the gym that encounter almost daily. And it dawned on me, why am I asking for boldness? He should be enough for me. Jesus is the best thing to ever happen to me; He's given me life abundant. Shouldn't that be enough to share with people? Why do I continually have to pray for boldness to share it with people? What He's done and who He is should be enough. He is enough.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Where did you find it? Interesting read » »

12:19 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home