Friday, August 05, 2005

Thorn in the flesh

Thorn in the flesh...I've always wondered about this. Paul says...

To keep me from becoming conceited because of these surpassingly great revealtions, there was given me a thorn in my flesh, a messenger of Satan, to torment me. Three times I pleaded with the Lord to take it away from me. But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness."
2 Corinthians 12:7-9
I could not agree all the more and realized that I too have a thorn in my flesh. I mean, I think everyone does, but I guess I just realized what mine was. My thorn in my lack of self control when it comes to my mouth and the words that come out of it. And I have prayed for so long that God would help me to be able to control and keep it shut when all I want to do is open and say what I'm really thinking. But through a situation that culminated this week I realized that God may be keeping me the same to keep me dependent. My mouth is my weakness and knowing that I am forced and would prefer to the look to Him and ask Him for help. So many times this week I cried out to Him for help because I knew I couldn't handle the situation on my own at all. I wouldn't know what to say and if I did talk I knew it was going to come out completely wrong. So I relied on Him as my strength.
And to no surprise to me or to you I'm sure, He came through and answered my prayers and gave me the strength, the words, and the grace. He worked everything out for good. He did. It was completely Him. Praise Him!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looking for information and found it at this great site... »

5:25 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home