Monday, August 29, 2005

It laughs at words.

I have started reading a book that I read in the summer of 2004. "A Chance to Die-The Life and Legacy of Amy Carmichael" by Elisabeth Elliot. One of the best books that I have ever read. I can definitely say that it is my favorite book. God uses it every time I pull it out. I HIGHLY recommend it! Anyway, I read a quote recently that I had underlined and highlighted the last time I read it. It read:

It is not the business of hte servant to decide which work is great, which is small, which important or unimportant-he is not greater than his master.
"If by doing some work which the undiscerning consider 'not spiritual work' I can best help otehrs, and I inwardly rebel, thinking it is the spiritual for which I crave, when in truth it is the interesting and exciting, then I know nothing of Calvary love."
-Amy Carmichael
This hits me hard everytime I read it mainly because it's so convicting. I don't know if you're like me, but so many times I want to be in control and be in the limelight of things. I want "center stage" and to be recognized for my accomplishments. But as I was telling a dear friend Saturday night, God is teaching me to be faithful in the small things. God has called me to what I'm doing and to nothing else, thus far. And then God says, "Why do you want to do those things?" Is it for recognition or fame or is it for my glory? And I must evaluate my motives before I go.
God has been working in many so much over these past four months it's crazy. I was telling a close friend the other night that since I've left college in December I have become a whole different person. And it's a great change. My relationship with Christ has flourished and I know who I am and I love it. I love who God has made and how's He's using me, all of me. I grew a ton form January to April when I was living at home doing support-raising. But I have grown even more from May to now then I had before that. You combine it all and it just puts me in awe of who He is and what He can do. I mean, if Jesus can do these things in me and change my heart in the ways that He has than He can definitely do these other things that people are asking about.
If I have not learned anything else during these past four months (which I have) it's been that He is faithful and just and well....But can words tell the joy buried deep within? Mine cannot. It laughs at words. -Amy Carmichael [I could not have said it better myself.] Words will never be able to express the pure joy, excitement, passion, intensity, mission, life goals, and love that is on me and in me. My only prayer is that you will be able to see a glimpse of what God has shown me, for it truly glorious!

2 Comments:

Blogger Amy said...

Love you, Katbird! He is beautiful in you!

5:36 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is very interesting site... Freezer wholesaler Cortisone side effects infants eczema honda eui2000 sync kit 2005 pt cruiser convertible Farmer insurance agents san jose islamic web templates 1999 accent body kit

12:27 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home