Monday, November 07, 2005

Changing the name

Okay, just to forwarn everyone, I'm going to change the name of my blog. I have some ideas, but nothing finalized yet. So when you pull up my blog and it doesn't say "Tallblondes" anymore, no worries. It's still me, just a new name. Just letting you guys know.

Well...while I'm here....Great weekend!

Unfortunately Friday night I was going to go see a movie with friends, but got one of my "headaches". I put it in quotes because they're special to me only. They're one of those almost migraines that makes me feel sick and medicine won't even touch it. I just have to go to bed. So I went to sleep on a Friday night at 8:30pm.

But Saturday was so fun. I went Christmas shopping with Joy and Holly. I know, you may be thinking that it's a little early, but I'm really trying to stick to my budget and that means not spending a whole heck of a lot of money all in one month, say December? I did well too! I got something for my sister, brother, and Pop Pop. During the afternoon, I cleaned my room and did some much needed reading. I also watched "A Few Good Men". Very good.

That night I went out to dinner with Jennie. We went to BD Mongolian. A Mongolian Bar-B-Que place that is soooo good. And...we got a wonderful parking place right in front that only cost us $2.00 rather than the parking garage price of $7.00. We're good like that.

Sunday was interesting Sunday at church. Different and interesting. I mostly enjoyed getting to talk and know some different people that I didn't before. Afterall, the Christian life is about relationships, right? Then, Brynn and I out to lunch. So fun and had been way too long. She bought, so nice of her:)

That afternoon, you would have thought something went off in my brain or something. I was a cleaning machine. I think it's something that happens to all women. It's just like all of a sudden you want to clean out things and straighten up and organize and such. Now, these times do come very rarely, but when they come, don't get in my way!

I cleaned out the fridge and all the cabinets. I cut all the box tops for education things off. [I collecting them for my mom, she's a teacher.] I wiped down all the counters and the fridge. I made cupcakes (funfetti, my favorite!). I made dinner. I picked out things that I was going to make for dinner this week. I did two loads of dishes in the dishwasher and managed to get two bags of trash from all of this. This is where I need a man-to take the garbage out. I love it when I'm home because my dad or my brother does it. They just know that that is their job to do and it's great. I wish someone would take out my trash.

And through this whole weekend, God has reminded that I am very blessed. I have incredible friends that care about me and want to spend time with me. Could I ask for anything better?

Oh, I was reading Donald Miller's book "Blue Like Jazz" this morning at the gym. It's very good, but controversial. I like that it's controversial though:) Anyway, God hit me so hard reading a part of this book. There I am riding the bike and BAM out of nowhere comes conviction. It was talking about trying to "fix" people. [I know I've talked about this before, but it seems to be an ongoing lesson. It appears I haven't "fixed" it yet:)] Donald was saying that you can tell people all you want, but if in your heart there is not a true love for them then everything you're saying just sounds dumb and people will look at you like you're stupid and don't care about them. This has been happening to me and thus, I realized, "Hey, you still need to work on this Kathryn." So...still working on it. Please be patient:)

3 Comments:

Blogger Amy said...

I like the name Tall Blondes. It is a lot more original than a lot of blog names I know. I hope your new one is good if you are going to give up Tall Blondes! :)

10:26 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very nice site!
» » »

4:27 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looking for information and found it at this great site... Vacuum cleaner rating under $200 Inkjet printers and they uses Insomnia from ambien canon powershot g3 4mp digital camera t shirts digital camera listserve digital camera olympus d 540 norton antispam e a jeep cherokee xj roof rack spare tire Official property insurance guilde 290 zoom digital cameras celtic seat cover Buy stromectol without prescription camping les ormeaux st palais sur mer

12:01 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home