Wednesday, November 02, 2005

Arms around you

Last night I went to see Chris Tomlin and Matt Redman in concert. Louie Giglio also spoke. Amazing! It was so good. It was awesome to throw everything aside and just stand before the Lord in worship. And to hear corporate worship, so good. Thankfully God opened my eyes to see the hugeness (is that a word?) of Him.

It was a fun time with friends and even people I didn't know. At one point Chris Tomlin had everyone put their arms around each other and sing together. I know, you have to be thinking what I was thinking, "I feel kind of silly doing this." But after I got over feeling stupid, I was going along with everyone else with my arms around my friends shoulders and some girl I didn't know. But...as I stood there singing I was thinking about the fact that even though I didn't know this girl, we are sisters. And surprisingly, I didn't feel awkward, it felt God-ordained if you will. Hard to explain, but just another instance where God shows me what it means to be a part of a family of believers.

Tonight, I'm doing nothing. I am working out, eating dinner, and going to Starbucks to read and journal and hang out by myself, something I haven't done in weeks and I'm aching for it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home