Friday, November 11, 2005

Again....

So...God's bringing me through more brokenness, which is what I asked for. So...I'm grateful, but it still kinda stinks. I just kinda realized yesterday that my relationship with Him is faultering. It's not like it used to. And I think the fact that it so gradual is the reason I didn't notice it until yesterday.

A few days ago I had a conversation with a friend of mine in which I said that my relationship with Christ was the most important thing in my life. As I continued to think about this conversation, God was like, "Are you sure it is?". And then yesterday happened. I was finally like, you know what, it's not the most important thing in my life. It should be and I want it to be, but it's not and that's where my problem lies.

I also had an interesting conversation with a friend of mine at small group. We were talking [we hadn't talked in a long time] and he told me that the impression that I give off to people is that I'm too busy and I don't have time for them. I don't have time to really get to know them. This, of course, got me upset, but at the same time, I was so thankful. How can I change if I don't know what needs to be changed.

Never, in my whole life, have I had anyone be so dead honest and upfront with me. I needed this and it's what I wanted. I don't know how many times I've told people that I just want them to be honest with me about the things in my life that need to change and they're just too nice. Stop being nice, be honest. [I mean I want you to be nice while you're doing it:)] Anyway, I was very thankful for this.

I'm sorry to all of you for being too busy for you. It was never my intention. I do need to slow down and take time for people. Help me to do this.

All of this to say, as I was reading in QT time this morning, God gave me a verse that brought me a lot of encouragement. He knew how bad I felt about what was going on.

And I am sure that God, who began a good work within you, will continue his work until it is finally finished on that day when Christ Jesus comes back again.
Philippians 1:6
God told me He's not finished with me yet and He's not giving up on me! Thank God, there's so much work to be done yet!!!

1 Comments:

Blogger Amy said...

Amen and amen! :)

Inviting and accepting constructive criticism from others is one of my biggest weaknesses. It's back to that whole ugly pride thing. Seems I've been reading a lot about it lately in various places--which is generally the way God uses to hit me over the head that He's trying to teach me something (He knows subtle hints don't work too well) :)

9:18 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home