Tuesday, November 22, 2005

Blameless...without a single fault

This morning I was reading Colossians 1:25-23. I have read it I don't know how many times, but this morning God spoke to me through it. I made a point to read it slowly and really focus on what it was saying and it really makes a point to describe to you the enormity of what God did from the very beginning. "Christ is supreme"-the title of the passage that really helps you to see how supreme He truly is. WOW!

A few days ago I spoke of a passage from 1 Thess. about being blameless and here it is again but in Colossians.

As a result, he has brought you into the presence of God, and you are holy and blameless as you stand before him without a single fault.
Colossians 1:22b
It seems that God is repeating something in my life. I am holy and blameless as I stand before Him without a single fault. "Without a single fault"-that just sounds so final doesn't it? It gives me a picture of it being the end. [Not the end of life or time per se] It's like, no questions asked. That is the final word on it. You have no single fault with you after Jesus has cleansed you, NOTHING! It's praiseworthy and puts a huge smile on my face and my heart.
I think I've been beating myself up so much lately over some things and Jesus is just coming to me saying, "You're not perfect, you never will be this side of Heaven, but you are blameless and I have rescued you. Rejoice in it. It's worth rejoicing in!" And He's right. He's so right.
I'm thankful for the times like this when I hear Him so clearly in my life. He knew what I needed and He came to me:)

1 Comments:

Blogger Nick said...

Good reminder on the overall cleansing that the blood of Christ can provide. Definitely something I needed to hear today.

Thanks and Happy Thanksgiving!

10:27 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home