Monday, November 21, 2005

I'm home!!!!!...again

I'm home again. Let me first tell you what happened on Saturday as I was trying to catch my flight. I got to the airport in plenty of time Saturday morning. Well...here I am standing in the forever-long United line to check in and I finally get up to the counter where the lady tells me that I'm not flying United this trip. I'm flying ATA. I have to walk to the other side of the airport and stand in that line. I felt so dumb. When I looked at my tickets that I had I must have looked at my Christmas ticket cause I totally thought I was flying Untied, guess not.

I run to ATA and stand in that line and finally get up to the front and then the lady behind the counter starts yelling at me! Can you believe that. She was yelling at my to hurry up. I was going as fast I could with three bags and a large purse:) She checks me and then I go through security. Well, the security people decide that I'm special and need to go through an extra security check where I'm body searched and everything. This, of course, took an extra 15-20 minutes. I get to the train to go to the concourse of mine is the last one. I finally get off that train and I'm running through the concourse and as I'm approaching my gate (the last one) I'm begging the ladies at the counter to let me on this plane. They were sweet enough to allow me and opened the doors and let me one. I sat down and the plane took off. Thank God I made it!

The rest of the flights went well and I arrived at Raleigh/Durham and saw my parents standing at the bottom of the stairs waiting on me. They, of course, starting waving frantically to me and so I waved back. I felt a little dumb with all these people around me, but really, I wanted to wave at them. I was excited to see them. And I'm crazy just like them:) We're all crazy. But we're not boring:)

And, oh the sweet tea! Mom has made some everyday and it's beautiful. I really need to stop drinking it, it's worse than soda. There's so much sugar in it. But I just love it and I don't get it that often. I must take advantage of this while I'm here:)

Oh, last night I went with my parent's small group to these people's house for dinner. They have a goat farm. All I can say is, "Interesting". I would really never like to own goats. But they do and we need goat farmers, so I'm glad it's them.

They were telling me stories of their daughter who's in Cameroon right now. She's been there for five months for a research project for work. One night she was sleeping in her tent in the jungle and she thought it was raining which is no big deal there when it's monsoon season. But what she thought was rain was coming through her tent. She realized it wasn't rain, it was huge red ants. These ants are so big that when one of them got up her jeans and someone on her leg she tried to slap her leg to kill it and when she did the ant big through her jeans and bit her finger. They're huge! And they're deadly. The girl came running out of the tent screaming and her guides ran to her with kerosene and dumped it all over her to kill the ants. Awful! I would have freaked out to tell you the truth.

But I'm having a great time at home. I'm headed to my mom's school this morning to see her little students and to see her kids from last year who I just loved. They're awesome! I'm taking her lunch and we'll have a great time! And tonight, Ruthanne and Nathan are coming to our house for dinner. Ruthanne is an old boss of mine, but has turned into one of my dearest friends that I have. She and I are two peas in a pod. :) Isn't this fun?

Tomorrow, Jenn comes home and Wednesday we bake for Thanksgiving and Thursday, well, we all know what this is. This is where we gorge ourselves and then sleep it off:) What could be better? Toodles.