Wednesday, December 14, 2005

Well...cool reading again this morning!

"I thank Christ Jesus our Lord, who has given me strength, that he considered me faithful, appointing me to his service." 1 Timothy 1:12

It dawned on me..."that he considered me faithful, appointme to his service." Does this mean that because Paul was faithful, God appointed him to serve Him?

And...something to bring my post from Monday together with today's.

"But for that very reason I was shown mercy so that in me, the worst of sinners, Christ Jesus might display his unlimited patience as an example for those who would believe on him and recieve eternal life." 1 Timothy 1:16

Remember how I was talking about Edmund from "The Chronicles of Narnia"? I think this verse lines up with what I was trying to say, a little bit:) Paul, the worst of sinners (which suggests that there is a degree to your sinfulness) then became a believer out of Christ's patience so that He would get glory. Edmund was similar. He disobeyed. He betrayed. He was the worst of the children. But Aslan (Christ) had mercy on him and patience and thus, was given glory through him.

Just some thoughts that I have been thinking through...

As with Edmund...people who have lived in darkness, essentially all of us, but some, if you will, have really lived it more than other, if you know what I mean, I think understand the gift they have been given more than those who had life great and weren't living in darkness as much (bear with me:)). Do you know what I mean? They know that they NEVER want to return to that life. Others, don't have a dramatic tesitmony and they were in spiritual darkness, but life was great otherwise and thus, I believe that the difference between darkness and light is not as obvious for them.

I still don't think I've conveyed what I wanted to very well. Maybe today' and Monday's will come together and you can understand what I'm saying. I think all of what I said can be true for Edmund as compared to his siblings. Maybe just a measure of gratitude.