Monday, December 12, 2005

A Wonderful Moment!

So I went and saw "The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe" last night with the youth group. First, let me say that the movie was really good. Really. The analogies between this and the gospels were amazing! And there were so many of them! But one of the most wonderful moments to me was when Aslan is on the Stone Table and Lucy and Susan are watching him be shaved and tied up and laying on the table and he looks at them. His eyes were so gentle and filled with love for them. Aslan also had those eyes when he was looking at Edmund when he came out of the tent with the White Witch. He looked at them with unconditional love. He knew what he was doing. It made me cry. The whole scene at the Stone Table hit me hard.

I have always understood the sacrifice that Christ made for me, at least as much as I could understand. But because of the scene in the movie, I understood a little better. Everything I would explain here, you already know. It touched my heart in a very special way and made me all the more grateful for the sacrifice that Christ made for me.

Our youth minister asked the youth who they would be if they could choose to be any one of the four children. He said he wouldn't choose because he didn't have to, it was already chosen for him. That was good. But I thought about it some more and I would choose to be Edmund. Although he did betray them and had to go through all of the junk that he went through with the White Witch and seeing Mr. Tomnus in jail and everything, I think he understood some things a little better.

He saw the consequences of his actions and felt remorse. He saw the dark side. He realized what his betrayal did to himself and to others. So when Aslan made the sacrifice for him, I don't know that he understood why all that much, but he surely had a better appreciation for it. His heart was forever changed and as the movie shows, he was forever changed.

You know, before I went to youth last night I prayed that God would allow me to be able to meet the girls that were there and start to build relationships with them. He answered that prayer. I think I met every girl there and got to talk to most of them more than just a "hello". Admittedly, it was nerve-racking for me cause I'm not used to working with youth. I'm used to children who think you're the best no matter what you do:) But I had so much fun and I got to know a youth worker a lot better, which was wonderful. God went ahead of me there as He said He would!

1 Comments:

Blogger Amy said...

working with youth can be TOUGH! I'm proud of you for going out of your comfort zone and giving it a try.

Interesting thoughts about Edmund, too. Something to chew on.

I can't wait to see the Narnia movie! Maybe Steve and I will go next weekend, I hope!

love ya!

10:36 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home