Tuesday, December 20, 2005

Dreams for life

After a fun and exhausting weekend in Charleston filled with weddings and parties, family and an aunt that made me cry as she reminded me so much of my grandmama in every possible way, I came home to North Carolina. I have since, not done a whole lot, which has been nice, but regrettably have felt like I've wasted part of the time...until today.

Today I was tempted to once again, just mill around and find things that I could waste my time with. But instead I went to Starbucks in anticipation of doing some work for work. But my computer would not connect to the wireless. I think it was the Lord leading me in another direction. There I sat, stranded at Starbucks, not being able to leave until my sister came to pick me up at 2:30 and didn't know what to do with myself.

I was reminded of a book I'm reading and the exercises that go along with it. I have actually tried to read this book a couple of times and couldn't do it. But I picked it up recently and am not just getting through it, but really loving it and learning a lot. I wasn't ready for it every other time I read it.

It's called "The Dream Cycle" by Steve Moore. Really good and a worthwhile one to read, especially if you're as passionate as I am about dreams. I'm not talking about dreams like ones that you have while you're sleeping. I'm talking about the ones that truly matter in life. These are the ones that God has had in you since before you were born. They were created and put in you for a distinct purpose that is surrounded by and in the cross.

Lately, I have been praying and thinking and journaling about what I really want. I don't know what I want. I've been struggling with it. What are my goals? What are my passions? What are my dreams? What are the things that I feel burdened with? What are my fears? What do I want in a husband? What do I want to leave a legacy about? I don't know. I don't know any of these and it really bothered me. I think I used to. Or rather, I thought I did. Either they've all majorly changed or I'm just waking up and realizing that I'm still trying to figure it all out. Which is fine. I don't know have to know it all right now. It comes with time and experiences and that excited me.

But I sat there today in Starbucks praying and asking the Lord what my dreams were. What did he want for me in a husband? What were my fears? What am I passionate about? What will my legacy be? Or what do I want it to be? And He gave me answers. He gave me lots of them. Some of them I have never heard before spoken in conjunction with my name. They were amazing. Some of them, I knew all along. I won't share them here. But if you want to know them, ask and I'll tell you. I don't know them all, but it was a great start and has me excited to see what He holds for me.

Why sit by and hope that I grow towards my dreams when I can do something to make it happen?

Merry Christmas all. I truly love each one of you that read this blog.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home