Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Burdens lifted

Praise be to the Lord, to God our Savior, who daily bears our budens.
Psalm 68:19
Cast your cares on the Lord and he will sustain you; he will never let the righteous fall.
Psalm 55:22
Well...enough said, right? I was praying last night and this morning and both those verses kept coming to me. Coincidence? I think not. The Lord sent me those telling me to give the things that were worrying me to Him and He would handle them. And He has.
Today was a much better day. I opted to get some much needed sleep rather than get up this morning and work out. On days where I don't work out I generally feel horrible all day. But today I don't. I needed that sleep more than anything and I feel great about it. I had to have a difficult conversation with a student this afternoon, but the Lord carried it and spoke words of truth through all of us. He even bridged a gap in the relationship, which only He could do.
I know this is only day 5 of the Institute and I have 11.5 weeks left, but I have learned so much about myself and my relationship with the Lord. I have learned a lot about leadership and doing it well, in a Godly manner. I've learned to listen to the Holy Spirit and obey it when I hear it. I can only imagine what is going to pan out in my relationship with the Lord in the coming months. I'm excited!
Thank you for your prayers. They have definitely been heard by the One who hears. He is answering and in such a timely fashion:) Thank you!