Sunday, March 20, 2005

Where is your faith?

That is what God asked me this morning in my quiet time. I was reading Luke 8:22-25 where Jesus is calming the storm, the disciples are freaking out, and Jesus rebukes them by asking them where their faith is. That's when He also spoke to me and rebuked me.

All of you know I have been doing support raising and I talk about it often on my blog. It is the main thing in my life right, which is why it's written about so often. But that's what He was talking about. That is one of the areas in my life where my faith is sometimes not in Him, but in me, which ultimately fails.

Then this morning in church our pastor was talking about humility in God and that song, Blessed Be the Name of the Lord. Everytime that song is mentioned I am overwhelmed with what-ifs and uh-huhs. Because when God doesn't do things my way or the timely manner that I would like (i.e. providing all of the support wanted and needed sooner than now) can I still say "Blessed be the name of the Lord"? Sadly, no I don't. I wish I could and would, but don't. And still this morning I got upset and questioned God with timing for my support and have felt sorry for myself. Why? I don't know. But God asked me this morning, "Where is your faith Kathryn?" So I was forced to evaluate yet again, where is was and put myself in check. It was in myself. Big surprise, right? It's true.

This evening one of the couples I talked to about two weeks ago brought over their commitment form to me. They bumped my support percentage up by 6% and now I have 60.48% of my support raised!!! You can try to imagine how thrilled and completely humbled I was by this, but you'll never truly know the complete joy that was spilling out of me. Blessed be the name of the Lord! Thank you for your prayers, keep going!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very nice site! » »

8:33 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home