Wednesday, February 09, 2005

Halfway there

I have a good friend who read this book that I'm reading, "The Dream Giver". Well...that book is what inspired this person to leave their job that they had to pursue other "things". To pursue their dreams. They left what was familiar and nice and easy and at hand for "the dream". Well that's only half of it. Granted that's more than most people do, but still...only half. The other half is actually following after that dream and doing it.

Now let me give this person credit. They did leave what was familiar to follow their dream. The problem is that they don't know what the dream is. I would say this is a huge problem, but a familiar one. I myself don't know that I know what my dreams are exactly. I'm sure there are at least one or maybe two that I have suppressed way down and are not ready to emerge quite yet. But for right now I am living one of my dreams so I am not eager to find the rest. That is not the case for my friend. This person does not know what their dream is and is therefore, waiting. What a pain! And in this case, after much thought, I believe this person should just try things. It has been my experience that for me personally, sometimes I just have to make a decision and THEN God tells me whether I should do it or not. Sometimes I have to change my decision that was made. But that's life and it's how you learn to hear God's voice better.

Don't sit by and let life pass you by. Do not! Do what you've always dreamed of doing, go where you've always wanted to go, be what you've always wanted to be. You CAN do it. Whatever those dreams may be, God has instilled you with the abilities, talents, and power to do them and make them happen. Enough with your excuses about money or time or family or school or any crazy thing like that. This is between you and God. Do not forget the reason you were put on this earth. To glorify God!