Monday, February 07, 2005

Hypocondriacs

Today I was Miss Kimbrell, the substitute for Mrs. Kimbrell. Mom was sick so I took over 4th grade for her! What a fun day I had. I already know these kids, but they know me as Miss Kathryn. (Me and my dad come in there about once a week and get them all riled up for mom and are funny with them.) So today I'm Miss Kimbrell! They were hilarious. But mom's class is full of at least a dozen kids that think they are always dying. There were two with knee problems today, two with "terrible" stomach aches in which I told them not to run or talk too loud and that would help, a few with chlorine in their eyes (from swimming) in which I told them the only thing I could do for them was stick their head in the water fountain and squirt water in their eyes! They were so funny! The greatest is this kid named Caleb who is one of those guys that is so funny but has no idea he's funny. You know what I mean? Some other kid in the class told me that Caleb could sing "Amazing Grace" and would do it for me. I asked Caleb if he would sing it for me, but he got so embarassed and said he couldn't do it cause he didn't know all the words even though I kept asking. Then, all of sudden while I'm talking to another little girl in the class, he comes up and just starts "singing" the song to me very monotoned like with no expression. It was everything I could do to not laugh at him. But it was sweet. I could and would take him home with me. I had a blast today with them even though I had no idea what I was doing. That's the beauty of it I guess, they have no idea I don't have a clue, right?

Oh, my and Chris are safely in Kitale, Kenya working with the people there. And God worked in His sovereign way and got all the medical supplies and medicine out of this country and safely into theirs! Praise God!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home