Tuesday, February 01, 2005

1st graders!

Well...yesterday I was the teacher for the day in one of the 1st grade classes at BCA. Very interesting with very fun moments. They were a funny bunch of children. At one point at I had to take a boy's shoe. It kept coming off because he wouldn't keep it tied and I warned him to make sure it stayed on his foot or I would take it. So I did. I kept it for the rest of the day and walked around with one shoe on. I laughed inside and the other students laughed also. They couldn't believe I took his shoe from him. My mom asked me if I wanted to be a teacher one day. No, I don't. Not in a school in this setting at least. My favorite parts of the day were when I read them stories and we talked about God. I would love to teach Sunday school to children one day. Their ideas and thoughts about God are so pure and honest. They don't try to impress, just speak their hearts. But if I did teach to really teach I would like to do it overseas. I would love to go back to Cambodia and teach. It's teaching with a purpose of building relationships and teaching what they really need: the love and saving grace of Christ. We'll see what God has in mind.

Overall, a very good day, but tiring. I was exhausted.

Today...I'm a drug pusher. I have probably 15 boxes of antibiotics and pain killers in my dining room. If someone walked in they would think something was terribly wrong. I am dividing them up and putting them into bags equally. It's a task that may take a while. But it must be done. Someone must do it. FYI, the group going to Kenya is taking all of this over for the medical clinic they're doing come next week.

I have three new financial supporters! Thank you for your prayers. Keep praying, God is answering.