Thursday, March 17, 2005

Freedom

Driving in my car the other day I felt unexplainable freedom. I was on my way home and I was praising God through song. I was singing at the top of my lungs, like I always do. I can't explain it, but I just felt immense freedom from everything. I'm frustrated that I cannot explain these feelings except that it was pure joy coming from God Himself. At that moment I felt like nothing else mattered, no one else was there, it was me and God and I was worshipping. Forgive me for my lack of ability to be able to really articulate what I'm thinking and feeling, I struggle there and pray it will change. But I imagine this is what I am meant to feel when worshipping the Lord, when I am truly in the presence of God. It was an incredible moment. I am constantly in awe of my God that is with me in those moments as well as being with others in theirs. Alleluia! It makes me want to stand outside with my arms stretched out and just stand there.

I am contantly in struggle with my desires of serving the Lord and not being able to do it. I want to do so much, I want to grow so much, I want to be so much. But there is time and there is God's plan. It's wonderful to think of the future and what it holds. I look at my spiritual life and my relationship with Christ and can only think of what it will be tomorrow, or next month or next year or 50 years from now! How amazing is that going to be.

"Not that I have already obtained all this, or have already been made perfect, but I press on to take hold of that for which Christ Jesus took hold of me. Brothers, I do not consider myself yet to have taken hold of it. But one thing I do: Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead. I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus"
Philippians 3:12-14
This is my life verse that brings me so much encouragement for the past, present and future. May we always be working toward that goal and running as hard as we possibly can!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home