Monday, February 14, 2005

Share the well

Have you guys heard this new album by Caedmon's Call?
If not, you should, amazing!!!!! God-inspired.

It hit me hard and convicted me. If you don't know anything about it, it's about their travels to Brazil, Ecuador, and mainly India. What did they learn? To share the well, to put into life what Americans have forgotten: The Great Commission. If you have listened to this CD and have read the words to the song and have not felt ANYTHING something is wrong.

One song in particular touched me: Mother India

Father forgive me for I have not believed like Mother India
I've groaned and grieved
Father forgive me I forgot your grace
Your spirit falls on India
Capture me in your embrace

The chorus to the song. There are so many thoughts that are running through my brain right now and so many emotions going through my heart.

Listening to this song on the drive back from the Christian Bookstore I thought to myself, "There is something great happening!" Does anyone else see it? Something amazing and awesome and nothing this country has ever seen or experienced. Something unimaginable and holy. God is in that country and throughout it's people. People (I don't know what people) are saying now that India is the next China. In terms of Christianity. China has a huge underground Christian church and it's exploding and growing faster than we can imagine. And not only is it growing, but these people are strong believers that have risked everything. India is close behind. A country that many believe to be without hope and would never have thought Christianity would be present are mistaken. This country is seeing people come to know that Lord in unfathomable fashions. It's a God-thing. Do you see that something great is happening in this world? And where are we in this? If we are no where we are wrong. Even if we aren't "goers", we should be "senders". Do something, pray, come on!

There was a story in the CD coverbook about a woman in another song that when asked what she was thankful and grateful for she did not answer God's gifts or His mercies or blessings or things that He had done for her. She answered, "I am thankful I know Him." She is thankful she knows Christ and that is it! Where have we missed it? Why have others seen it and we have not?

There is so much more I want to say and just put my thoughts down. But now is not the time. Soon, but not now. I encourage everyone to look inside each of you and to ask God to reveal to you what it is your part can be in this great thing that God is doing on the other side of the world. Everyone has their place.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home