Monday, March 21, 2005

In awe and wonder.

You know, each time God answers prayer I am in awe and astounded and can't believe it. Every time. It's wonderful. My pastor has been talking about our circle of influence and has challenged each of us to share the gospel/invite to church 40 people. I was thinking, " I don't know 40 people that are lost or that are unchurched. I don't know 5 people for that matter. My circle of influence was a little off and God spoke to me and said, "You need to meet some new people.". So I prayed that He would grow my circle and bring people to me and allow me places where I could meet lost people and unchurched in order to do what I was supposed to.

So I prayed...and prayed...and prayed. God answered. I told Him that if He would just provide me the opportunity I would do what was needed. He provided the opportunity tonight with my women's league playing tennis. Usually everyone plays doubles, but tonight we were two short and me and this other girl had to play singles. Coincidence? I think not!

She and I played 8 games in which I only won one and then she taught me how to improve my serve. (That's where the problem really lies.) Anyway, we were talking and I was asking her questions about herself and then it hit me. Kathryn, this is the opportunity that you asked for, do something with it! So I did! I asked her if she went to church anywhere and she said she used to, but doesn't anymore basically because she didn't like the way the church handled something. I know you don't know people's hearts for sure, but I really do think she's lost. So I invited her to church with me on Sunday and she was excited. She was glad I asked and we exchanged numbers. I'm really excited about it. So if you think about it, keep her in your prayers that she would really come on Sunday and that she would accept the life-changing message of Jesus Christ. Her name is Baylee. God is so good!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home