Sunday, March 26, 2006

An idea from God Himself

Last night I invited my friend Natalie over for dinner. I haven't seen or talked to her in way too long and she only lives 20 minutes away. I missed her. A little side note: dinner was delicious. I made a mango avocado salad with candied spice pecans (I candied and spiced them myself)! We had bread with it and some fruit and I fruit dip that I had made. It was sooo good.

But that wasn't the idea from God. The idea was to invite Natalie over in the first place. I must admit I didn't realize it was a God-given idea until after-the-fact. But it was obvious why He did it, for so many reasons.

I had told you about a spiritual "funk" I'm in. And not that talking to her made me get out of it, but she helped me to see that I'm crazy or that there's something "wrong" with me. She helped me to see that I need to take some time away from life for a while and just rest in God. There are so many things that I haven't dealt with that have happened to me in the past five months. I haven't processed through anything that's been going on with me spiritually or emotionally. I have been shoving them under the rug because I haven't had time to deal with it. I can feel it now. That rug that I've been shoving things under has a huge pile of "junk" under it that I need to go through and think through and pray through. This will take some time, I know, but I want to give it the time it deserves so that I can receive the healing that I need.

And...As much as I'm a little tired of talking about India because it was a bad trip, I realized this morning that I have debriefed the whole team, even the other leader on what they learned and their hardships and what God did in them, but I have not been debriefed myself and I need that. I need to not share things from a work perspective, but a Kathryn perspective.

So you see, last night was God's idea and I'm glad. I didn't realize how much I needed that. I bought a new journal this morning on my way to church because I feel like I need to start over in my spiritual walk and in my ideas, thoughts, feelings, friendships and life in general. And so ...I thought...I need a journal too, let's start everything over!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home