Tuesday, May 03, 2005

The Blessing of Broken Glass

Norm, one of the men on staff at KBM with me is an amazing man with a heart for the lost like nothing I've ever seen before. He's been building relationships with Muslim families and Hispanic families and just anyone who doesn't know Jesus.

Well...while Natalie and I were chatting at lunch he came in and asked us to pray for a girl named Claire who had broken her thigh bone and a boy named Junior who fell onto broken glass and cut his head and sholder really bad. Becky, Norm's wife, was rushing him to the hospital and called to ask us to pray for him. Natalie and I stopped what we were doing and prayed for Junior and Claire.

After talking to Norm about 30 min. later I found out that there was a girl named Shannon with Becky right at that moment. Shannon is somehow related to Junior. Shannon did not know Christ but was telling Becky that she no longer wanted to sin any longer. She wanted to know about Jesus and Becky was telling her. Norm asked me to pray for Becky and for Shannon that she would know Jesus. I did.

The beauty of things unseen. We looked at broken glass as a bad thing, but God turned it into good and used it to draw someone closer to Himself. We asked Him to do that and He did. Faithfulness, it's good. You never know what God's going to do!

4 Comments:

Blogger Del said...

Hey Kat,
How are you doing? I was sad that I didn't get to see you at Ichthus. I bet you are loving Colorado. I am leaving for South Asia on Saturday. I want to catch up with you sometime. Talk to you soon.

Del

12:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

best regards, nice info » »

9:48 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have been looking for sites like this for a long time. Thank you! » »

2:55 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's a great story. Waiting for more. » » »

7:55 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home