Sunday, July 25, 2004

okay, here we go

hello again...thank you all for being patient. (I know there are so many of you out there reading this.) Can you feel the sarcasm? Anyway, here I am at Jim and Emily's watching Silas and Aynsley again. They're sweet and right now we are all having quiet time to ourself. It's great! Ok, Boulder. Yesterday morning at 7:00 am me and some ladies from KBM and Kristen went to Boulder for the farmer's market. I got some great zuccini, squash, cherries, and peaches. The fruit is so good and tasteful. It's great. I'm definitely going to have to go back. Some of the ladies went back to Aurora and me, Kristen, and Rebecca stayed to shop!!!! We went in a wonderful home store called Peppercorn, I got a shirt from Ann Taylor and some jeans from Banana Republic. (Don't worry, they were on sale, majorly!) Is it just me or do you ladies have a hard time finding jeans to fit right? I do for reasons I won't talk about online. He! He!

Later that night Amy and I watched a movie on TV called "Unbreakable", good movie. Oh, speaking of movies, I have two to recommend. You guys have to watch them. One is "Waking Ned Devine". It is one of the most random bazarre movies I've ever seen, but it's so funny. It's an independent film set in Ireland. The other one is "Spellbound". It's a documentary, that is absolutely hilarious. You have got to see both of these great movies. Really, take my word for it.

So...while at was at this camp I started reading the book of Hosea. Very interesting and great book. My friend, Amy, recommends a novel to go with it called, "Redeeming Love" by Francine Rivers. It looks good. Anyway, reading the book. The story about how Hosea goes and gets his prostitute wife from the beds of her lovers is kind of like the prodigal son story in the gospels. But it takes it a step further. Instead of Hosea/God waiting on prostitute/Israel to come back to him, he goes out and gets the wife/Israel. That is even more beautiful of a story. Don't you think? I really want to study that book further. It's going to be quite interesting.

So...can I even start to event try to tell how utterly excited I am that I will be in Anderson, SC three weeks from today!!!!!!!!! No one really has a clue actually. But I am excited to see ALL of you that read this. You each bring a very real, vital, and different aspect to my life that I love and appreciate. Is anyone ready for some ultimate frisbee, trips to Taco Bell late at night, Wedgy's runs, "who lives there", ABC family movies, smelly kitchens, and whatever else? I'm so excited. I do have to stop thinking about it though, or I'll forget why I'm here.

One more time, does anyone know how to put pics on this thing? I need some help.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home