Monday, July 03, 2006

Questions of normalcy

Yeah, questioning whether this is normal or not.

The students left yesterday morning for Brazil for 26 days. I'm really going to miss them. I have enjoyed this team so much. They're energetic and fun and silly and still very serious about their faith. We have a lot in common and even if I weren't forced to hang around them due to work, I would choose to. They've been great and they've been the constants in my time spent in the last month.

They are comfortable to me. We think alike for the most part-I mean about the important things I guess. I can be my crazy self without them thinking I love Jesus any less and we're equally passionate about some things. It's just really nice. Yeah, I'm going to miss them...a lot.

And...I'm going to Kenya! I don't know how I'm going to be able to afford it financially, but I believe this something that the Lord is leading me to do, therefore...going to do. I'm leaving the day after Christmas and taking a team of people with me. It's going to be awesome!

Ok, little update on the weekend. Saturday I went to the yummy Pancake House with Kristen and Brynn. That afternoon Dimity and I went to the batting cages for a while and hit some softballs and baseballs. I haven't done that in a long time and it was really fun. She and I watched the Brazil vs. France game-go France!-then we went to see "The Breakup". What a bad movie. I thought it would be at least a little funny. No! I almost cried three times because they were just being so mean to each other-it was not good and the ending was horrible. We went to a BBQ at Roseanne's that night and then to Cold Stone for some yummy German Chocolate Cake Ice Cream (my favorite!) before she left for Brazil for a month.

Oh, Friday night we had a soccer game and we won! Go OOS!

Sunday I dropped the students off at the airport, which was sad. They said I was too peppy for the morning, is that possible? Went to breakfast with Jessica before church and then to the KidStuf service at church. Very funny, recommendation: go! After church I went and swam laps for about 40 minutes. I haven't done that in a long time and I felt it! But it felt really good. I went to help my friend, Seth, move and then watched "Pirates of the Caribbean" for the first time. I thought I should watch it as the second one is about to come out and everyone will want to go see it. I should at least know what happened in the first one, you know? And then to youth group and afterwards, home to bed.

A very entertaining and eventful weekend. Good times!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It sounds like your life is full of plenty of good things. Perhaps that is above normal.

8:28 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home