Tuesday, May 23, 2006

sleeping

Well...I'm finally sleeping!  I slept Saturday, Sunday and Monday night!  Now, it hasn't been a whole lot of sleep, but that's my fault-I've been going to bed late.  I've got a life to live you know!  I've spent too much of it sleeping it away.
 
Now, feeling better, eating whatever and not trying to diet anymore, which I think has something to do with it.  I need more protein. 
 
Oh my gosh, this weekend was so much fun!  Friday night I stayed up way late baking cut-out sugar cookies that I decorated with different color frosting.  It was so much fun, but really exhausting!
 
Saturday was filled with many activities that exhausted me and probably helped me to sleep that night!  Breakfast with friends at the Pancake House and then down to Colfax downtown Denver to help restore an old Synagogue being transformed into a ministry/community center for youth and young adult Hispanics.  I did yard work-which I've missed terribly!  Lunch with those same friends at Heidi's where I had the best tuna salad on pumpernickle I think I've ever put in my mouth! 
 
The afternoon was spent practicing soccer with those same people!  Have you ever played a sport with people who weren't really into it or weren't very competitive and you were?  That normally happens when we play with people from church, but this group of people was so different.  We were all competitive and kicking each other and tripping and playing rough.  It was awesome!  I was so nasty at the end of the day!  It felt good to have worked that hard all day and gotten that sweaty, you know?
 
That night I made homemade pizza for some friends and we watched "Gone With the Wind".  Brynn really wanted to watch it and Liana had never seen it.  I love it of course!  I found it in India for $6, which was a really sweet deal considering it has three DVD's in it.  I was scared there for a bit because I thought it might be in Hindi, but it wasn't.  It was in English!  But it still stopped at the most random times.  Ahhh, the memories!
 
Sunday was fun too because I played volleyball and went to the pool with pretty much the same people as Saturday.  And...I was outside for three hours on Sunday and got NO sun!  What is that about?  Talk about frustration!  Anyway, left the pool and went on to youth group and then met up with those people that night for mexican food at Casa Vellarta and then on to Cold Stone for some yummy ice cream! 
 
I'm exhausted just typing all of this out!  But I had so much fun.  The week is proving to be just as fun with softball games, LOST season finalies, bar-b-ques, Boulder, swimming, parties and a 10K race.
 
Can anyone feel that summer is finally here?  Yeah!  I'm so thrilled!  I'm lovin' it!  And...I'm doing my first house-sitting job.  Should be fun and exciting! 
 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home