Tuesday, May 16, 2006

communion with God

The last few weeks have been so neat.  Sooo neat!  I have felt closer to God than I feel right now, but I feel like I'm in a deeper communion with God now than I've ever felt before.
 
January, February and March were silent months for me and very difficult ones at that.  I tried talking to God so much and had so many questions with no reponse whatsoever.  I didn't even get a "Wait".  I got nothing. 
 
I somehow felt like I wasn't do something I needed to be doing or that I was doing something wrong.  But last week God finally spoke and He spoke very loudly and clearly.  All of those questions that I had: He finally answered.  He said, "Remember when you asked me ____________?  The answer is _______." 
 
God chose to be silent during those months and now He's choosing be to extremely vocal, which I'm glad for.  Apparently I wasn't ready for the answers like I thought I was.  God knew that although my heart was searching it wasn't ready to hear what He had to say.  I guess now I am.  He's talking and I'm listening.
 
God is doing a lot in my life and I'm learning a lot about what it means to truly commune with Him and His heart.  Prayers don't seem so tedious and tiresome as they once were.  The Holy Spirit is leading me in intercession for others and it's awesome.  He's also revealed a gift that's been in me all along.  I think it's another instance of something I wasn't quite ready to take on, but now He sees fit to bring it out.  It would be discernment.  Obviously, it's a gift and not a magical power, so I don't have it down pat.  But God's showing me what He would like to do with it and He's tying a lot of it in with the intercessory prayer I mentioned. 
 
It's all new to me and really thrilling.  It's awesome to see God working in my life and through it.  Who would have though?!?!?!
 
Update:  My mother, sister and friend, Yvonne came out to Colorado over the weekend and we had a great time!  We watched movies, ate really well, went to a dinner theater to see "The Music Man", went shopping and went to the "Body Worlds" exhibit at the Denver Museum of Nature and Science.  [It was an awesome exhibit that I highly recommend.  If you're not excercising and eating well yet, you will after you see the effects of poor health on the body!]
 
And...I'm going to summer youth camp this summer with the youth!  Oh my gosh, it's been what...7 years since I've been to camp?  Crazy!  But I am really excited.  I'm going for a whole nother purpose this time.  I'm going with these amazing young girls and expecting great things to happen.  David Nasser is the speaker for the week and Charlie Hall is the worship leader and it's in Durango!!!!  I'm am so thrilled.  But really, the most exciting part of it all is that I get to spend a week with these high school girls staying up late with them and playing games and sharing hearts and seeing God change their hearts into hearts sold out for Him.  Praying for God's annointing on their lives.  Praying for a fire to be started in their heart.  A fire that can never be put out.  A fire that will ignite and lead to a life on purpose for the Kingdom. 
 
This is going to be awesome!
 
Prayer Request:  I am currently underfunded for my support account for working at KBM.  I cannot make it back east until early August at the earliest to do support-raising.  I'm praying that God will provide extra financial gifts for the next three months to last me until the September paycheck.  Please do the same.  He is already providing with my first extra gift coming in yesterday.  But I really need you to pray as I continue to pray for God's provision.  Thanks ya'll!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home