Friday, April 28, 2006

left out in the rain

I've had so much encouragement lately from so many different people in my life.  People that I don't even find myself that close to really.  It's funny.  Funny weird, not funny ha ha. 
 
And I know it was the Lord prompting them to do so.  So part of me wonders, do I need the encouragement?  I must if the Lord is sending it to me right?
 
I was thinking this this morning as I was pulling into the bank to try my new budget system out.
 
And then I thought, maybe I don't need the encouragement because I'm down and depressed, but rather as a way to push me forwards and say, "Keep going.  Your life is making a difference."
 
The past three/four weeks have been, well...something I didn't think I was ready for.  But they came anyway, and I guess I was ready for them, but wouldn't have ever put myself out there.  The Lord stuck me there and He shown through me. 
 
It's been a hard battle, and by no means, over.  But I'm seeing fruit from it.  I'm seeing the Lord work in people's lives.  I'm seeing the Holy Spirit turn their thinking upside down and shine through them.  I'm seeing the Lord turn my thinking upside down.  And for the first time in my life I'm honestly seeing the fruit from my actions, the actions that God called me to.  It's amazing! 
 
I have a ministerial job and I'm involved in the church and I always have been.  I've been involved in ministry my whole life, but have never felt like my actions directly affected another.  And here is God saying, "Keep going...".  So I will.
 
And it keeps the faith alive to constantly be wondering, "What is He going to do next?"