Wednesday, April 19, 2006

this is deep

Nothing deep from my mind.  That bruise from falling yesterday is what's so deep! Man it hurts.  It's not even bruising yet because it's so deep. It hurts to walk and especially go up and down stairs.  Maybe I broke something.  You think?
 
I had dinner with a dear friend, Brynn, last night.  First of all, we went to Jason's Deli which was so yummy.  Salad bar and Spicy Seafood Gumbo that was delicious but definitely spicy!  And Jason's has the best sweet tea in Colorado.  It tastes a lot like McCalister's Deli in Columbia.  Maybe they share recipes!
 
Anyway, Brynn and I hung out there for 2.5 hours just talking about everything and nothing.  We planned a shower for our friend, Kristen and talked about our goals and things that were changing and church and things like that.  It was great fun with good food and a great friend!  I love times like that!
 
My friend Sara wrote me a neat email talking about Jesus' ministry and ministering to the lost.  I think this is one of those things that I struggle with as well.  What I mean is, what does it mean to "be all things to all people", to meet people where they are?  There is also a thin line there as well.  And so many of us see how close we can get to the world without sinning when that shouldn't be the goal.  We should be seeing how close we can get to Jesus and then His heart will naturally rub off on us and I really believe that we won't have to try so hard to "reach" the world with the message of love.  It will be shown from our actions, words, the way we love, forgiveness, etc. 
 
And there's more.  Paul talked all throughout the NT about freedom in Christ but being careful not to abuse that freedom with testing limits and lines.  Biblically we should steer clear of sinful circumstances.  Isn't our goal to be more like Christ and less like the world?  I thought that was it?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home