Monday, April 17, 2006

I'm so tired!

Yeah, I'm sooo tired!  This weekend was definitely not a restful one.  It was fun, but not restful. 
 
Friday I ran some errands and went shopping with my friend, Liana and watched a movie, or rather a couple, that night.  Saturday was an early day with more shopping and then baking all afternoon.  I was in charge of dessert for Easter and so I went to town.  I love any excuse I have to try new recipes and let others enjoy them.  It's no fun if it's just me.
 
I made an Italian Cream Cake, Lemon Nut White Chip cookies, decorated cup for the kids and an Apple Pie.  Yummy!  Yes, that took all afternoon.  And then I went to see "Failure to Launch" which I have to say was a cute movie and made me want a sailboat and someone to sail with. 
 
For my 16th birthday me and a friend spent the night on a sailboat in the Charleston Harbor.  That was really a lot of fun.  My first time on a sailboat and my first time having Loaded Baked Potato Potato Chips from Lays.  It's funny how you remember those things don't you?  Yeah.
 
Yesterday was such a beautiful day!  Went to church and enjoyed a great message by Jim and one of my favorite songs by Hillsong United-Salvation is Here.  It was good.  And then I hung out with my new friends, Matt and Mille Nelson who moved here from Alabama.  And some new people on staff, Mark and Tonya Roberts who moved here from Florida.  I'm excited about what God's got planned for our church in the coming months/years!  It's going to be awesome!
 
Anyway, it wasn't my typical Easter, but it was still good.  At first I was sad cause I called my parents on my way home from church and they were all at my aunt and uncle's house with my Pop-Pop, aunts and uncles and all of my cousins.  But I had a bar-b-que at the Aurora Reservoir with the Nelsons and Roberts and another couple from Pensacola.  The food was great, with burgers and dogs and some expensive cheese and these chips that were way too hot to think about eating.  We had those yummy desserts and got in trouble for going to a restricted part of the beach. 
 
And then, because my desserts weren't quite even close to being eaten I made rounds to friends houses and dropped some off.  Thank goodness for good friends willing to eat.  Brian called it "Ministry by Food Disposal".  I thought it was fitting! 
 
So...a good time was had by all!  And...side note, I've started reading Daniel and what a great book that is!  I've read it before, but it's been a long time!  I'm getting so much out of this!  It's wonderful!
 
 
 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home