Thursday, April 20, 2006

enjoying each other

This whole e-mailing my blog thing is quite handy.
 
We recently had this couple move into town to work with KBM and I thought it would be nice to have all the ladies in the office and the female spouses go out to lunch to welcome the newest lady to the KBM family. 
 
We went to Jason's Deli and had a wonderful time!  We had a ball!  It was so neat to have everyone together without the husbands and the children (the husbands did the baby-sitting!)  I just sat there looking around watching all the ladies laughing and talking and sharing.  We were all just enjoying each other's company.  There was no agenda and no specific topic to cover/discuss.  It was so relaxed.
 
I sat there thinking to myself, "I really enjoy people enjoying each other."  I love to create atmospheres and places and opportunties for people to have a good time while getting to know people and enjoying their company.  I think that's why I like to entertain so much.  No agenda.  No problem to be solved. 
 
The goal: New relationships and deepened relationships. 
 
Outcome: Goal accomplished!
 
Thanks to all the 12 ladies who came today for lunch and for welcoming Jessica with such open arms into the family at Kingdom Building Ministries.  There's no place I'd rather be!

1 Comments:

Blogger Amy said...

Was that Jessica Bislow? I saw on the prayer calendar not long ago that they were still requesting prayer to get their support raised so they could come out there. Praise God if they've arrived!

3:05 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home